Saturday, February 28, 2009

changes they are here

things are going to change around here - now.

As of Friday i am no longer a man of leisure (now it appears i have two jobs rather than none). Shit. I liked being "retired/redundant" (dont you find redundant a strange term for a degree educated person with 25 years business experience). I never felt redundant (i just was). the jobs will help the bank balance (and it will certainly please my mum - now i have a "real" job).

Also it looks like travel (for 2 years minimum) to a foreign land is also in this family's stars. London here we come (well we think so) in September. Know anyone that wants to rent a house or buy a car or two? Sue looks like she is going to work for the WA Government in their London Office. Looks like Ash and I will just have to tag along and see what happens. I should be able to work as i am actually a british subject (yep) and Ash should be able to as well as she can also get a passport.

the next few months are going to be interesting. New job, work out how to "emigrate" move house, sell cars etc, get passports, actually move and get accomodation/set up in UK.

oh what fun.

do you believe in Karma? well it looked like "she" just landed on Ashby St.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy shit! That's big news, man! First of all, I thought the liquor store gig was a real job. Heh heh, ah well. But LONDON? Wowie. That's intense. Congrats. I think. Dunno, never been to London. All the luck in the world to you guys. Sheesh! London....

KathyA said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from "She Dreams" Congratulations on your new jobs!! Yes, I do believe in karma -- big time. I look forward to hearing about the big move.

Summer said...

WOW. England? That's crazy! Why take the new jobs if you're moving? I left something for you at my place.

Anonymous said...

woops actually scratch previous comment, i am baby sitting for my sis that night so i will have to wait till sue is back from gallivanting!

aquaris5 said...

ok anonymous - dinner date postponed until further notice. (why dont i have you email?)

Anonymous said...

'Grats on the new job and the move to London! Looks like 2009 is the year for changes.