Friday, April 17, 2009

tourists for a day

Sue and I played tourist today. Dale and Tony and the girls left for Noosa around 9.00 and we had breakfast in Williamstown then we got in the car and drove down towards Geelong. when we got there we drove straight through town and went to the beaches. We visited Lorne and Appollo Bay and we drove along the Great Ocean Road - .

we stopped at Bells Beach and watched some surfers play around in the waves.



I took this photo from about 1/2km away with a canon photoshop sx 100 camera (great little camera)



we spent quite a few hours in the car (travelling about 400km) but it was fantastic to play tourist for a day.

I cant believe how big, uninhabited and how varied this great country is. we went from city to world class surf to forests and then farmland all in half a day and we only went 400km in a circle

1 comment:

Summer said...

Absolutely beautiful!
I got tired of my blogs. I'm working on something else. If it turns out the way I want it too, I'll send you the link.